“On the Right Road to STEM CAREERS” Science • Technology • Engineering • Math - May 4th & 5th | Community Spirit
Patriots 15th Annual Youth Summit on Technology
“On the Right Road to STEM CAREERS”
Science • Technology • Engineering • Math
Bowie State University
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715
This year Patriots 15th Annual Youth Summit is a two day event May 4th & 5th 2012. The purpose of the Summit is to get students excited about the possibility of college, study and careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
You can register on line at http://patriots-ttc.org, stop by the Patriots office, or on-site:
Patriots Technology Training Center
The Bank of America Building
5800 Martin Luther King Jr., Highway
Seat Pleasant, MD 20743
Gifts: Each student will receive event bags with promotional items from different companies in addition to a t-shirt. There are also door prizes.
Youth Summit Students: $40.00
Youth Summit Adults: $20.00 (attendance to the entire program and parent workshops - including breakfast/ lunch)
Breakfast and Lunch
May 4th 12:00pm - 8:00pm - Cost $20 per person (lunch will be provided)
This program provides an opportunity for parents, government, industry, K-12 teachers, guidance counselors, principals and colleges to come together to discuss:
- How do we encourage students K-12 interest in STEM
- Mentor college students to graduate with a STEM major
- Identify programs that the government and industry have to offer K-12 students
- Organize government and industry programs for students
- Strategic plan for a career in Cyber Security
- Free STEM Roundtable Reception: 6:00pm - 8:00pm (Middle, High School and College Students)
May 5th Competitions 7:30am - 4:00pm
Each member of the winning teams will receive a laptop computer!!!
- The Computer Building
Sponsored by: Computer Spot Technology, Inc.
- The Social Media Jeopardy Game
Sponsored by: Washington Gas
- Flight Simulations Competition
Sponsored by: Headquarters U. S. Air Force, Diversity Operations, The Pentagon Air Force